The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Advice for the freshmen

Advice for the freshmen

Every year when the freshmen come to high school they get nervous on the first day. 

A lot of people don’t really give advice to the freshmen on what to do that will be helpful in high school, but some people are willing to give advice to the freshmen.

¨The advice I would give to freshmen would be to join as many clubs as you can and try out for sports. I would say meet lots of new people, but keep schoolwork the top priority,¨said senior, Sabrina Flanary.

¨Make sure to always have time to do some school work at home,¨said senior, Kealyn Howell.

¨Use your phone to set reminders for homework. Get enough sleep at night,¨said counselor, Leslie Wiberg.

¨The advice I would give to the freshmen this year is live it up and don´t worry about how many friends you have or how cool you are just enjoy what you have,¨said senior, Brooklynn Hunsaker.

¨Live high school to the fullest and don’t mess around. Enjoy high school while you’re there because it flies super fast. Do as many activities and dances as you can even if it doesn’t seem fun,¨said senior, Rylynn Castagno.

On the first day of school there will be times where the freshmen will feel uncomfortable at the high school and a lot of people don´t care.

But there are some people who want to make the freshmen feel comfortable at the high school.

¨Be welcoming and kind. If they need help offer them the help they need,¨said senior, Rylynn Castagno.

¨I’ll do my best to talk to them and make everyone feel included, so nobody feels alone,¨said senior, Sabrina Flanary.

¨I will always make sure to have a friendly face and a friendly personality wherever I am,¨said senior, Kealyn Howell.

There are times where people wish they did things differently when they were freshmen in high school. It’s important to pay attention during your freshman year.

¨I would study more on the subjects that I was doing that year,¨said senior, Kealyn Howell.

¨Not mess around and get everything done,¨said senior, Rylynn Castagno.

¨I would´ve taken school more seriously,¨said counselor, Leslie Weberg.

¨I wouldn’t be so hard on myself.I think it’s important to acknowledge the progress you still want to make,but it’s just as important to recognize how far you’ve come,¨said senior, Sabrina Flanary.

It’s important to get your school work done but you should still have fun in clubs,sports,activities, dances,etc.High school may seem like it drags on but it really flies by.If you don’t go have fun during school,you´re going to regret it in the future.