The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Bekah Hendricks

Bekah+Hendricks

After a career breaking injury Bekah Hendricks removes herself from Contemporary dance and focuses her skills on ballroom Dancing. 

Bekah Hendricks junior, ballroom dancer, said “I always loved Contemporary dance, and I started to dance from a very young age.” She started going to dance classes and as she was getting older she decided she wanted to compete. 

While doing a dance with her partner she had fallen, and as she struggled to get up she still continued to dance as best as she could. With the curtain closing Hendricks falls to the ground crying in pain. “I did not know what I did, I just knew I was in pain. I remember being carried off of the stage, and after telling my mom what had just happened I went to the hospital.” said Bekah Hendricks. 

They were at the hospital for four hours waiting impatiently for her results. The doctors had determined that she had torn her meniscus and proceeded to treat Hendricks. Hendricks says “They didn’t seem to be that busy but they took forever to even get to me because I was not their priority that night. I struggled to get through this but I went through a lot of physical therapy. This is when I decided it was my time to find something new and stop Contemporary dance.” 

After a lot of research she learned that there was a ballroom team and decided to give it a try. Although she missed contemporary dance she learned about ballroom cabaret. It reminded her a lot about what she used to do. Hendricks says “ I love the ballroom team and I am in 3 different cabaret dances including the advanced group. I not only found a family but I found my passion.”