The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Is November the right time or too soon to listen to Christmas music?

As the last autumn leaves fall and winter’s chill creeps in, a timeless debate resurfaces: is November the hallowed moment for sleigh bells and carols, or an early symphony of jingles that might just be one hot cocoa too soon? As the fever for holiday tunes clashes with the traditional timeline, opinions clash like cymbals in this perennial melody of when, or if, it’s the right time to press play on the Christmas playlist.

The students in our school seem to have strong opinions on this topic. Dakota Benally, junior said,”After October but three days off for Thanksgiving.”

Another student says,”I would say the appropriate time to listen to Christmas music would be after Thanksgiving.” Said Emily Pittman, junior.

A lot of people who listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving might get tired of hearing the same songs over and over and won’t want to listen to Christmas songs when the holiday comes around. When everyone else who waited will want to listen to Christmas music throughout the holiday season until it’s over.

Brynlee Merrill,junior wants to start early on her Christmas music listening calendar. She said, “As soon as that clock hits 1:00 am on November 1st.”

People should listen to the vast majority of their Christmas music after Thanksgiving. But that doesn’t mean that people can’t listen to a couple songs here and there before Thanksgiving, they should at least consider waiting until after Thanksgiving to listen to more of the songs.