The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Interviewing Grantsville Graduates

Their First-Hand Experiences

School is almost over, as different activities have ranged from chalk fights to senior sluffing. The school year is finally at a standstill, and it feels almost like a dream. Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, many mixed emotions are filling the halls. Some are happy for it to finally be summer, go to Lagoon, and hang out with friends. But on the other hand, seniors haven’t accepted this yet. But in order to calm your nerves, how about let’s get seniors who had already graduated- their perspective on graduating? “It felt amazing! For me, it was like a euphoric feeling. I couldn’t believe I graduated! I liked school but at the same time I’m glad I was done with high school.” -said Sophie Calchera. 

For high school to last four years, it can be a weight lifted off for some people. “It felt like I had accomplished a long-term goal,” said Sophie Calchera. But for others, their experiences may not be as cut and dry. “How does it feel? It feels like emptiness. Not like that I have no purpose, but now my purpose is my own.” said Max Ruth. To graduate, and finally be able to make your own choices and have to be an adult, can be scary at times. But that doesn’t mean it should stop you from accomplishing your goals. “Graduating itself is really fun, you get your freedom after, and you don’t have to worry about stuff from four years ago. You’re an adult now, and you’re free,” says Noah Boyer. Whether your high school experience was happy or sad, it all is worth it once you throw your cap into the air. Walking up on stage, in front of thousands of people, is nothing compared to the hard work the seniors had to do this year.