The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

GHS Hosts Annual Winter Art Show

Artists Dreaming Up Their Best Work

The next Picasso, the next Ansel Adams, or the next Shio Kusaka may have had their work on display at the annual GHS Art Show in the commons. Many different mediums were shared such as paintings, drawings, photos, and ceramics—a little bit of everything for someone.

Gaige Kimber (Photographer: Hailey Jones )

“It was really fun being the model in these photos,” said Ace James, the partner, and model of photographer Camden Horrocks, “We both have a shared interest in urban exploring and he felt that I fit the style of photography he wanted to do.” Photography was a large focus of the art on display but there was also art of many other mediums including digital are pieces, sculpture and ceramic pieces.

“It took experimenting and hard work to make that pot,” said Nicole Kempe, a student of Fiona Kahlo who made the piece called, “Pot with Ivy.” “It feels great to have that product of all my work on display.” Digital works are also featured such as Gavin Allen’s, “Fallen Angel”.

“At first I wasn’t entering it into an art contest, I was making it for my enjoyment. Then I heard of the art show and that gave me inspiration to work on it during lunch,” said Allen about his work, “A lot of people are surprised that I made my piece.”

The annual art show was on display in the commons for a week and winners will be announced at the end.

Kylee Fasen (Hailey Jones)
Landen Madsen (Hailey Jones )

Kaelyn Howel (Hailey Jones )
Kaelyn Howel (Hailey Jones )