The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Top 5 Christmas Movies

Top 5 Christmas Movies

Top 5 Chrismas Movies

Chirstmas is a holiday that represents many things. It could represent love, family, and making it a time to enjoy in ones presence. The birth of Jesus in some religions, many people lose the true sight of christmas and a variety ,of christmas movies show that one of it’s characters has lost the spirit. 

Here are the top 5 Christmas movies to watch with the family!

1. POLAR EXPRESS

Polar express was made in 2004, a young boy on the night before  Christmas. He was embarked on a journey that would teach him the importance of friendship, bravery, and Leadership. People love this movie because of the theme it gives off and of course how the adventure has its ups and downs. 

1. THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS 

This movie was a highlight in the 2000’s, the movie was made in 1993. Jack Skellington was the King of the Halloween town, and he stumbles apond the Christmas town. He desires to do something new and unique, so he finds the christmas realm and tries to copy it.

1. THE GRINCH WHO STOLE CHRISTMAS

The Grinch who stole christmas was an iconic movie. The Character has a strong hated for whos and their favorite holiday, Christmas. Jim Carrey who played the grinch was an amazing actor and really brought the movie an excellent leap and twist in Dr. Seuss’s story. 

1. HOME ALONE

The movie Home Alone was about a child with the name of Kevin McAllister. Kevin believes that he is entitled to a CHEESE pizza. He finds himself in a cause of chaos that he caused. He was a cunning yet intelligent 11 year old boy. While his family was headed for a vacation, they forgot Kevin at home.  Kevin was met with two thieves, Bandits, and they wanted to steal from Kevin’s neighborhood including his house.  Kevin was not scared and in the end he defeated these Bandits and his family came home.

1. KLAUS 

Klaus was a special movie that shows how christmas is about kindness, and change. It portraits how a envious and entitled man was sent out to collect letters for his father’s postal firm. The town he is sent to is ruthless and it was just a battle ground for opposite sides.

This postal man was not going to give up, so he found someone to help. An old man, in the woods who had a happy life until his unfortunate death of his wife. He made toys for his future children, he was given the chance to give a toy to a sad kid. Near the end, christmas and the spirit of cheer changed the town. 

These are the top 5 christmas movies that many would highly recommend to watch with the family. Each one of these movies teaches something that we can use on a daily basis. It teaches us the important things that we must value and make us stand out from others. It is the small things that we don’t realize we have till Christmas comes around, where we are surrounded by family and friends that show love towards us. That is what Christmas is all about.