The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

An Unseen Star: Interviewing Roxy Bywater

Remember when we were kids on a road trip in the car? Remember how the radio would come on and the whole family would go to turn it up and jam? Listening to some great tunes as you travel through unknown land.

“I’ve always loved music,” says Roxy Bywater, a seventeen year old high school student from Utah. “I listen to the radio and I feel a connection. I feel like it’s in my DNA.” 

We’ve all had the desire to be a rock n’ roll star as a kid, but sometimes knowing how to pursue such a dream can be challenging itself. Roxy explains, “I haven’t really pursued music as a career. It would be cool, but I think it’s a stretch for me.” 

“To be in the music industry you have to be perfect. The chances are very low and you need to be the best. And also being discovered is hard itself. Having someone find you is all luck so it’s really difficult.” While Roxy may think music is a stretch, she has an angelic voice when you get to hear it. 

Roxy has a love for music ranging from Christian to heavy rock. “Some days I’ll find myself singing my heart out to worship songs, and other days I’ll be listening to Black Sabbath with my dad.” She holds her faith close to her heart and doesn’t take God or christianity lightly. 

Through music and her God, Roxy continues to be responsible in school continuing to be a straight A student. Her faith is what makes her a genuinely beautiful soul, and her voice when singing lights up a room with joy. She continues to sing at her church and local motorsports racing events in Utah.