The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Hope Squad Member Gracey Pilcher

Hope Squad Member Gracey Pilcher

Gracey Pilcher is a Senior at Grantsville High School and she has been a part of Hope Squad for the last three years.

She was homeschooled for the first year of high school so she was a freshman.

Then she came to high school in her Sophomore year and wanted to join Hope Squad because she always wanted to help people, make a difference in people’s lives and help people who are going through tough times to see that there is a light under the tunnel and that suicide is not the answer.

Hope Squad is a suicide prevention squad and she has been in the club for the last 3 yearsñ she says that the most memorable most rewarding thing is being in the club with her club mates and them being all together making plans and activities and bonding with everyone in the team and seeing everyone work together it makes her really happy that everyone can get along. 

They do a whole month in February for suicide prevention, where they make posters and different handouts and they put balloons out in the halls, they try to do different things every time.

It is not a very common thing and they don’t have that many people they really need more people to join and interact with the club because its not one of the clubs that people talk about and most people don’t know what the club is all about.

They want more people to join so they can get more ideas and so they can get more funds so they can help more.

This is not a very talked about club and not a lot of people know or want to join because they dont know.