The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Jackson Jerkins

Jackson Jerkins

This life of a musician is fulfilling, it is what makes him as a person, it is the reason he gets out of bed, music is the reason he feels content, music is the reason he is the person he is now. 

Jackson jenkins is a senior at grantsville highschool, he is a part of the school marching band as well as his own band with some of the school faculty. He is a very accomplished musician and has the instruments to prove it. Jackson shreds, his live for guitar and the sharp feeling that he gets when he plays it comes back to when he was a little kid playing at the school of rock, a school specifically for the most gifted musicians, he plays his heart to the floor every day, and he doesn’t stop because he feels there would be somethings missing 

The goals that he has for his music are nothing short of challenging, Jackson has been shredding every day for the past 8 years for at least an hour. He says he gets caught up in the moment of playing the guitar so much that it is usually more than an hour. When he is playing music he says it is like he’s speaking another language, he feels like he is creating something new and better than he has before every time he plays. The sense of accomplishment he feels every time he even puts a finger on his guitar that is always kept nice and clean for the next time he wants to make the music language that he is creating.