The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Get To Know The New Social Studies Teacher, Mr. Evans

Brad Evans new social studies teacher teaching at GHS.

Mr. Evans is a dedicated history teacher who believes that understanding our past is the key to a brighter future, ”The first step forward is always a look back. If you want to cure cancer – you need to know the history of cancer research. Likewise, if you want to do something new, or just learn more about yourself, the first step is to look back.“. With seven years of teaching experience, he has a unique approach to educating his students at GHS, which is rooted in his love for history. Let’s dive into the world of Mr. Evans and discover his teaching philosophy, inspirations, and strategies.

Mr. Evans’ approach can be summarized as ‘work hard but have fun.’ He emphasizes mastering the basics and encourages his students to push beyond their limits taking his favorite quote, “Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?- Sun Tzu” and tying it to the goals he has for his students and his own life.

A typical day in Mr. Evans’ class involves engaging activities such as note-taking, interactive discussions, and “hopefully learning a lot”. In his students’ free time, he rewards them with several fun activities, popcorn, and lots of candy. His goal is to create a learning environment where students can thrive and reach their full potential.

When it comes to using technology in the classroom, Mr. Evans has a very strong opinion. Although he recognizes the benefits of it, he is also cautious of students becoming too dependent on it. He views it as a double-edged sword, making a point to emphasize the importance of students being able to succeed both with and without technology. 

Mr. Evans loves his job and the students at the school expressing his appreciation for them through the lessons that he teaches. He’s glad to be at GHS and looks forward to the rest of his first year, improving and adapting along the way.