The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

New Day in FFA

Grantsville’s FFA chapter at the national convention (Taylie Richmond)

A new year has come and the new FFA officers and some of the students got to go on a trip to Indianapolis, Indiana for the 96th Annual National FFA Convention. They got to travel around a few different states like Nashville Tennessee, Lexington Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky. They got to go to the Grand Ole Opry, Keeneland racetrack to see the racehorses and see the famous most money earned horses they also got to see multimillion dollar racehorses.

On their travels they went and saw the Grand Ole Opry and got to see the country music hall of fame and everyone that makes a difference in the country music industry. Also, they went down music row and they made their way to the Gaylord Opry land to check everything out.

Then they went to Mammoth Cave National Park also during their trip.” I absolutely hate caves. I am absolutely terrified. I try every time to get out of it and I usually can, “says Nicole Carter, one of the FFA advisors that went on the trip. FFA stands for Future Farmers of America this club has so many fun diverse options it’s for everyone they made it for anyone and everyone to join. It gives a different meaning and opinion to so many people.

“ My favorite part of our Chapters National Convention trip was definitely just being in the south. People are so nice and it’s just gorgeous. I’ve learned to appreciate the things we have in Utah but there are so many things that other places have to offer and it’s really cool to see  the differences.” says Taitum Carter the Vice President of Grantsvilles Chapter. This is just one of the fun amazing trips that Grantsville FFA Chapter does.