The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Senior Send-Off: A Night of Cheers and Tears

2%2F7%2F24+Ethan+Powell+shooting+a+jumper+against+Ben+Lomand+
Gen Moore
2/7/24 Ethan Powell shooting a jumper against Ben Lomand

As the cheers echo through the gym for the seniors; Decker Dzierzon #3 a small forward/power forward, Keegan Kinsman #4 a guard, Jack Hendrix #11 a shooting guard/ guard, and Ethan Powell # 13 a center/power forward. They enter ready for one final battle on their home court against Ben Lomond High School. 

On this senior night, the spotlight isn’t just on the court; the spotlight is also on the memories, the wins and losses, the friendships, and all the small moments these seniors have shared on the court together. Senior Jack Hendrix said, “ We are all very close because of all the time we’ve spent together over the past 4 years and all the work we have done together, I am forever grateful for these boys.” 

The boys gather for their final tip off, their last battle on their home floor. Senior Ethan Powell went up with power and got the tip off. Starting off the game strong. Senior Keegan Kinsman #4 puts up the first points of the game. “It is truly sad this is the last time I played on my home floor, so much has happened on that court that will always be remembered. Having played so many games there and only to realize it was my last one is sad, but it also gives me so much gratitude that I got to play here.” said Captain, Ethan Powell. 

Seniors leaving can be bittersweet; they have been the heart and soul of the school for four years. On one hand it is a beauty that they have gotten to play here and on the other hand it can be truly sad that they will never play on Grantsville High School’s floor again. Ethan Powell said, “I’d like to highlight all of the seniors who also experienced their last game this year, they have put on great performances and are a huge inspiration to myself and the oncoming athletes of Grantsville behind them.” 

The Boys ended their last game on their home floor with a win, 52-41 against Ben Lomond High School. Adding to the record books, and leaving a footprint in the Grantsville High School Boys Basketball program. Once a Cowboy, Always a Cowboy.