What´s Cooking Up in Mrs. Cś Room?

What´s Cooking Up in Mrs. Cś Room?

What’s cooking up In mrs C’s room? It’s chicken noodle soup. According to group 5, a senior, Bennett Riley is the best cook and claims he can cook better than the recipe. While in group 2, Faith Smith says “ The recipe cooks better than us”. Nicolaas Johnson explains that it was “very flavorful” and “smelt good” but others said it was acceptable. Have you ever wondered where the recipes come from? The facs teachers in Tooele county share the same recipe.

Students take this class to eat before lunch and to learn how to cook. Mrs C said there was a girl that only ate out and never cooked, she realized she can cook good things and “ it makes my whole day” according to Mrs C. The teacher decides what to cook based on the curriculum. Like one time they made weird shapes of vegetables for a salad. Or when you have to bake something youll bake cookies. A student shared that one time her group made cookies that filled the whole pan and was a little crispy. Another shares that one time instead of putting a teaspoon of salt, she put a whole tablespoon. 

If you missed the class, Kathryn Christensen or who we call Mrs. C, would give you a recipe and you would have to cook that and take a picture of you making it. Group one has an interesting way of choosing who does dishes. They all pick a number 1-3 and ask Alexa to pick a number and whoever she says does dishes. All the students would love to cook chicken alfredo, and they will. Most of the students’ favorite thing to make was the potato soup. Are you a better cook than the recipe? Find out and see. 

RECIPE:

1 tablespoon of olive oil

½ cup chopped onion

1 stalk celery, sliced thinly

1 carrot sliced very thin

¼ teaspoon garlic powder

4 cups water

4 teaspoons chicken bouillon

¼ teaspoon thyme

¼ teaspoon oregano

½ teaspoon pepper

6 oz. egg noodles

1 small chicken breast cut into small bite sizes, cooked to 165 in saute pan

1 tablespoon of parsley 

1 and a half teaspoons of lemon juice 

½ teaspoon of salt