The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Girls Soccer Celebrates Four Seniors

The girls soccer team had their senior night on September 19 when they played South Summit high school. This year there are 4 seniors on the team. Maddy Rainer, Sam Garcia, Emily Adams, and Brooklynn Davis. 

The team had a wonderful night to celebrate the seniors and all the hard work they put in. The night was bittersweet for the girls. Kyera Romney, a junior on the team, said she was “So sad! I’ve played with Sam and Maddy for as long as they’ve been on the team and Brooklynn and Emily have been on there with me since my freshman year. I will definitely miss them but I’m also super excited for what they will accomplish in the future!”  

The seniors impacted the girls in many ways. Whether it was being a good friend to them, leading them on the field, helping them in drills or with school, or just being a good influence, the seniors will always be role models for their teammates. 

Bailey Rainer had a special connection with one of the seniors, her older sister, Maddy. The two of them are a power team and have been playing sports together for as long as they can remember. Maddy is the person Bailey can always count on. “She’s done so much for me in school and helped me through a lot of stuff. She’s always there to tell me what to do and what not to do so yeah, I’m sad she’s a senior and I will miss having someone to go to and tell all the amazing things.” Bailey is so proud of her sister and all that she has accomplished through soccer and high school. 

While the girls may have not won their game, they put up a fight and will always remember the special night and everything that the seniors have done for them. The love for each other is strong and they will continue to grow until the end of their season.