The Student News Site of Grantsville High School

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

The Tumbleweed

Some losses can feel like a victory

Emma Thacker
Girls Varsity Basketball Game Wednesday November 29th

As the tip off starts, the anticipation builds. The whistle blows, both teams ready to put up a fight. Baylee Lowder, Junior # 1 and Emilee Skinner, Junior #5 from Ridgeline go up for their battle. Ridgeline gets up there and snatches the ball for the first possession of the game. Kodee Williams, Junior #10 doesn’t let them get far. Stealing the ball before Ridgeline is even able to get over the half court line, passing the ball to Baylee Lowder for a fast break for the first points of the game. 

“Team chemistry is the main point for me, if you don’t have team chemistry then there’s no team. There are just girls on the floor. I think that is what helped us in that game. I am satisfied with how we all played,” said Junior, Baylee Lowder. 

Lowder was 3rd on the leader board, with 12 points, two 3 pointers, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 4 steals. Followed by Juniors Avery Allred and Kodee Willams. The two both had 25 points. Allred had four 3 pointers, 4 rebounds, one assist, and 6 steals. Williams had one 3 pointer, 4 rebounds, 2 assist, and one steal. 

Although we may have not beat Ridgeline, there are positives to look at. They were the 4A state champs in the 22-23 season. We lost by a total of 13 points with a final score of 76-63, Skyview High School lost to Ridgeline by 24 points in the state championship game. “There is so much for all of us to be proud of, we played our hearts out. Only losing as much as we did by a 4A state champ team is something I take pride in… We played one heck of a game,” said Captain, Junior Avery Allred #11.